Friday, November 22, 2013

Meeting Chris

Well I did it!! I finally was able to meet Chris Hadfield! 

He was in town on November 21st for a whirlwind media frenzy including interviews with CTV, City TV, CBC Radio and more!  He even stopped by the Southside Chapter's (Gateway) and signed all the copies of his book.


 I was able to shake his hand, thank him for what he has done for space education (he thanked me for making the effort to say hello) and then a quick picture.  My hands were shaking so badly but it was worth it.  I hope the next time I have the chance to talk to him for more than 30 seconds and have a real conversation.


He always talks about following you dreams, but more than that he talks about turning yourself into the person who can accomplish that dream.  This includes setting goals and working hard towards them, making each day a learning experience, and enjoying the ride!  My goal has been to meet Chris Hadfield (check!), have him talk to my school, and spark the passion for science in the hearts of my students.  So I am half way there!  But this hasn't all happened because I am jut lucky.  It happened because I am passionate about science, have spent a lot of time reading and researching, and am truly inspired and excited by the lessons Hadfield has taught us all.  

CTV 
Morning Live interview with my buddy Robbie Williams and the rest of the gang!
Chris does the weather and intergalactic forecast.  HILARIOUS! **
Chris cooks breakfast
Performing Rocket Man
CTV Evening News *

City TV
Breakfast Television interview

CBC Radio Canada**
CBC Radio interview - I was the viewer that tweeted in the Rocket Man question


Chris Hadfield on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment